What Is The Structure Of Numbers?
What is a number? One or more numerical digits (0 - 9) combined form a number.
Let's talk about the number
Here are more interesting facts
about the number 6,937.
- The number 6 is in the fourth place to the left. This is
the thousand position.
- The number 9 is in the third place to the left. This is the
- The number 3 is in the second place to the left. This is
the ten position.
- The number 7 is in the first place to the left. This is the
- Using a comma makes the number easier to read.
- Commas are used after each group of three digits starting
from the right.
- The comma in 6937 is placed between 6 and 9. This means that
6,937 has 6 thousands, 9 hundreds, 3 tens, and 7 ones.
Number 6,937 Visually
Here is how we show this number in addition format.