How To Find The Perimeter Of A Rectangle
Let's look at the geometric characteristics of
a rectangle. But first, please review the definition of Perimeter Of Two-Dimensional Shapes,
Angle and Right Angle.
- A rectangle has unique features, there
are four sides; two side have the same length - let's call these two sides the Length (L).
- The other two sides have the same length but their length
is different from the first lengths - let's call these two sides the Width
- Another feature of a rectangle, at
the end each Line Segment the next Line Segment
- Another feature of a rectangle, two
sides are parallel. Also the other two sides are parallel and at right-angles to
the first set of sides.
- Special note, both the height and
base lengths of a rectangle must be greater than zero.
Perimeter Of A Rectangle Formula
Formula = Length + Width + Length + Width =
Formula = (2 × Length) + (2 × Width) =
Formula = 2 × (Length + Width) =
Formula = 2 × (L + W)