What Is The Circumference Of A Circle?
Let's look at the geometric characteristics of
a circle. But first, please review the definition of Perimeter Of Two-Dimensional Shapes,
- The Perimeter Of A Circle is also known
as the Circumference Of A Circle.
- The widest length is through the center of the Circle.
This length is known as the diameter of the circle;
In the example, it is shown as "D" in the diagram.
- If you draw a line from the exact center of the diameter
to any edge of the Circle, this is called the radius;
In the example, it is shown as "R". Also the radius is half the value of the diameter.
- To compute the circumference (perimeter) of a Circle,
you will use Pi as part of the formula.
- Special note, the diameter of a circle must be greater than zero.
Circumference Of A Circle Formula
Formula = 2 × Pi × Radius =
Formula = 2 × π × r