How To Find The Area Of A Rectangle
Let's look at the geometric characteristics of a rectangle. But first, please review the definition of Area Of Two-Dimensional Shapes, Angle, and Right Angle.
- A rectangle has one unique feature, there
are four sides; two sides have the same length - let's call these two sides the (W).
- The other two sides have the same length but their length
are different from the first lengths - let's call these two sides (L).
- If all sides are equal we have a square but if they are different,
than it is a rectangle.
- Another unique feature of a rectangle, two
sides are parallel. Also the other two side are rectangle and at
right-angles to the first set of sides.
- Rectangle, all side are Perpendicular at the endpoint of each
- Special note, both the (L)
and (W) length of a rectangle must be greater
Area Of A Rectangle Formula
Formula = L × W