Fractions - Converting Improper Fraction To Mixed Number Calculator
Converting Improper Fraction To Mixed Number
Let's talk about the details of Improper Fraction To Mixed Number.
Below are the rules that define a correct Improper Fraction.
So how do we convert an a Improper Fraction like 48/5
to a Mixed Number? Follow these simple steps:
- An Improper Fraction has a numerator that is greater
in value than its denominator.
- An Improper Fraction does not have an integer number
- it is purely a fraction.
- Most importantly, the fraction denominator can not be zero.
Division by zero is undefined!
- Divide the numerator by the denominator to get the integer number: 48 ÷ 5 = 9.
- The reminder of the division above is the fractional part of the answer: (48 - 45) ÷ 5 = 3 ÷ 5.
- The mixed number will look like this: integer number + (reminder ÷ denominator).
Please Read! These are instructions
to input an Improper Fraction into the calculator: An Improper Fraction can
be type in as formatted. Example: 13/2, 6/3, etc.